Explore Our Frequently Asked Questions
When it comes to paving and asphalt, we understand that our customers have a lot of questions. Here you’ll find the most frequently asked questions. If you have a question that isn’t answered here, feel free to contact us.
What are the main benefits of asphalt?
- Asphalt costs less to construct and maintain than alternative pavements.
- Asphalt construction projects can be completed more quickly than alternative pavements.
- Asphalt pavements are the smoothest, most attractive pavements.
- Asphalt pavements generate less noise than alternative pavements.
- The contrast of the black pavement and white lines make it easier for motorists to understand driving and parking regulations, making asphalt a safer pavement.
- Properly designed, constructed and maintained asphalt pavements last significantly longer than alternative pavements.
- Asphalt is recyclable.
Follow These Maintenance Tips
There are a number of steps that you can take to prolong the life of your asphalt and maximize your investment, including:
- Sealcoat 12 months after installing new asphalt.
- Sealcoat every two to three years thereafter.
- Regularly check for longitudinal or transverse cracking and have cracks sealed.
- Patch low areas before cracking develops.
- Minimize irrigation run-off onto your asphalt.
- Work with a quality asphalt maintenance company like Liddil Paving to develop an asphalt maintenance plan that specifically meets your needs and budget.